Read these 1 Monuments Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Funeral tips and hundreds of other topics.
has been rated
58 ratings and
1 user reviews.
How can I help my child remember his/her sibling?
Before you buy a headstone or marker there are some things that you need to know. Almost every cemetery has restrictions on the type of memorial monuments allowed.
- Do not purchase any type of headstone or marker without first checking with the cemetery where it will be placed. Cemeteries can and will refuse to allow installation of items that do not fall within their guidelines.
- Ask the cemetery for a written copy of the rules. It is a good idea to take these rules with you when shopping. If you are shopping online have them in front of you.
- It is common for cemeteries to specify whether headstones or markers or both are allowed.
- They will also specify things such as size, color, material and whether vases are acceptable. It is possible that there will be provisions covering double markers and which side the husband and wife should be on. These are only a few of the items that may be governed by the policy.
- Read the rules carefully to avoid an expensive mistake. Once carved a headstone cannot be returned.